Monday, September 29, 2008

A few images from these past days......

Lets start off from thursday evening......Between 6:30 and 7pm the sky was painted with these funnel looking clouds........They were all lined up perfectly in a straight harmonic way.....What I learned about this shot is that when you see something...you better shoot it(photograph it). I could have taken a better shot of this moment, but, I lagged for about 20 minutes after my eyes caught this site....Anyways, heres just that "one" shot....


These clouds formed a perfect funnel formation in the evening sky on thursday, September 25, 2008, San Leandro, California.

These two images here are actually "HDR". You can check my other postings what "HDR" is. The bridge image was actually shot on a tripod.....I think I exposed an image for under the bridge, foreground rocks and background trees. I didn't bracket these shots. What I did was I took exposure reading through the camera.....But, for the baseball field shot....I did take a set of bracketing sequence. I somehow don't really like how the bridge ended up looking like. I still have to practice more on this technology.

This here was a challenge to process. There's actually two BIG exposure settings here. To get the foreground exposed, the background was black....and to get the background to expose correctly...the foreground was white.......So, basically I took once again a series of different exposures and processed them in photomatix.....and did all my final processing on photoshop....

This here is a RAW image processed through ACR. "the lonely feather". I think I might run this again....I don't like it. Is to flat....I'll keep this posted for later...

This is the last image from this same park....Is not a HDR. It's a RAW image processed for fill light and darken the sky to its original color.....

Sometimes, "photographers" can be their worst critics....These two images were taken at different time of day...The first one was taken at night with no tripod...I actually shot it handheld and held it against the car....It's actually kind of grainy. I think I shot it at iso 400. The second one, I did use a tripod.....the whole image is blue because of the reflection of the sky....I wished I could had a neutral density filter so I could have blurred out the water....maybe next time..

I'm working on a photo essay....if everything goes well....it should be posted later on this week or next...............

No comments: