Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reuters Recognition.....

I haven't posted anything in a couple months. I've had a few emails asking when I was going to blog again. Specially, when I was going to post some of my son's picture taking photos. (I guess people enjoys his photos instead of mine). On January 14, there was a small protest in oakland regarding Oscard Grant. I covered the gathering of speakers, but, not the small riot that occured that evening. You can see some of those photos here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/raaphoto/sets/72157622374745669/detail/
A few days later, I sent about 4 images to Reuters in Britain. They actually picked up 2 of the photos for their weekly showcase of images. Reuters is the European Associated Press...(both seperated News Agencies). They have thousands of submissions daily from all over the globe.
So, for them to showcase 2 of mine....is a great recognition as a photojournalist. Below, are screenshots of the actual photos during the weekly showcase.
Due to the economy.....I have a Campaign going for small business that need Commercial Photography. It's all a production based pricing that includes...., photography, graphic design and banner printing (also, car magnet designs). I've came up with this concept, so, I may help them lower their advertising cost and at the same time produce some great images to attract potential clients....

No comments: