Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day.........

Today is veterans day......... This is Tony Lewis a World War II veteran. I had a brief talk with him today at the Annual Veterans Parade. He told me that the uniform he is wearing is the original uniform he wore when he served in the US Army. This is a 62 year old uniform....and still looks good.

US Army Sergeant First Class, Dwayne M. Hutchinson passes out "buddy poppys" to the crowd during Hayward's Veterans Day Parade on Tuesday.


It's true, some photographs are stronger than words. I just had to take this shot of this lady wearing this strong, and impacted image on her shirt. The rest of the photos are here..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/raaphoto/sets/72157622519588062/detail/

I have no idea what these things are called. All I know is that through those holes water will come out during hot days, so, the kids in the park can get wet and play. These bars are stationed in some park playgrounds. They never had these things when I used to be a kid.

One of the things I tell folks all the time when they get into photography is to take images in different perspective and angles. I shot this laying on the ground, pointing the camera up to the sky..

This is a "test" shot that I took of an old cemetery that is basically an historical site now. I like very much this version instead of the color one.


Once again, my son is getting a step ahead in his subjects and compositions. He is learning quite well to photograph with patience. This is frog in a our front porch and my son used his point and shoot camera on his tripod to get real good sharpness from this. And he did.

No comments: