Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sulphur Creek Nature Center



I found Sulphur Creek Nature Center a few weeks ago on the Hayward Area Recreation and Park District website and took a trip with my son. I have lived all my life here in the San Leandro, Hayward area and did not know this place was here. This place is not a zoo. It is a place where they take in animals that would not be able to survive back in the wild. I really enjoyed the Golden Eagle and for some reason I like seeing vultures, they're very interesting creatures. They also have foxes, coyotes, reptiles and more. I really like the atmosphere and most of all is free. I suggest to take a jacket if you're going to visit because it can get pretty chilli.

They're hours of operations can be found here.




This guy gets feed around 3pm



I didn't see another rooster there...He must feel real good being the only male there.




A fox




I waited over 15 minutes to get a shot of his tongue and......nothing.

No comments: